Thursday, October 14, 2010

Visual Culture

Visual culture is all around us and changes every day. Thinking of my current visual culture, things I see every day I came up with a couple of ideas I wanted to incorporate. Chapstick because I use it every day as well as Gmail because I check my email more than once every day. These two things are a huge part of who I am currently and my visual culture. The other object I chose to use was a chocolate chip cookie because cookies are my favorite treat and have been a large part of what I see for years. The interesting part of making this print came from having to get texture on the print. I tried cross-hatching to give the cookie more shape. Overall, I probably would have changed it to only use one or two objects but I think it represents my visual culture well.

No comments:

Post a Comment